Research Topics, science homework help
A brief, description of your topic of research interest. Next, state the philosophical orientation that reflects your worldview and explains the epistemological and ontological assumptions of this orientation. Then, explain how these assumptions lend themselves to one or more research approaches.
Be sure to support your Main Issue Post and Response Post with reference to the week’s Learning Resources and other scholarly evidence in APA Style.
You can use this resources and anyone relevant.
- Course Text: Babbie, E. (2016). Basics of social research (7th ed.). Boston, MA: Cengage Learning.
- Chapter 1, “Human Inquiry and Science”
- Course Text: Burkholder, G. J., Cox, K. A., & Crawford, L. M. (2016). The scholar-practitioner’s guide to research design. Baltimore, MD: Laureate Publishing.
- Chapter 2, “Philosophical Foundations and the Role of Theory in Research”
- Laureate Education (Producer). (2016a). Introduction to research design [Video file]. Baltimore, MD: Author.
Note: The approximate length of this media piece is 14 minutes.
Dr. Patton gives context to the research process, including a discussion about the termsepistemology and ontology.
- Laureate Education (Producer). (2009e). Roundtable: Research methods [Video file]. Baltimore, MD: Author.
My research topic is heart disease and healthcare