Prepare a presentation about a vacation or a retreat to a sacred place in mythology, for example, the Oracle at Delphi or the Mahabodhi Temple. This place may or may not currently exist.
Create a 10- to 14-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation with detailed speaker notes. The use of images is encouraged.
Include the following:
- The mythological origins, history, and functions of the place
- Any sacred objects and attributes associated with the deities and mythological origins of this place, for example, Apollo’s snake and lyre or Buddha’s bodhi tree — Discuss the symbolism of these objects as used by contemporary people and cultures.
- A comparison of this place to those that serve similar functions in other cultures, for example, mountain tops, temples, burial sites or memorials, and so on
- The relevance of this place and these objects in contemporary culture — What significance do these places or things hold in the minds and emotions of the people? How do these places or things connect to mythological stories from that culture? What is the role of place and the associated objects?
- The most important facts to know about the surrounding culture, and etiquette and dress to follow when visiting to this place — With what knowledge and experiences would you hope to return home?
Demonstrate an understanding of the course material
Format your assignment, including citations and references, according to APA guidelines.
For this assignment, limit text on slides to no more than 5 lines of text. Also, make sure the text on the slides are no less a 28 pt. font. Please remember that images in presentations require citations.
Note: a Title slide, Agenda slide, Introduction slide, Questions Slide, and a Reference slide do not count toward the final slide count