Plan a Community Health Assessment using a CBPR Approach
For this Assignment, you will prepare a plan for a community health assessment with a CBPR or community organizing approach, using the problem you developed in your Week 3 Assignment, the secondary quantitative dataset you identified in your Week 4 Discussion, and the quantitative and qualitative questions you compared in the Week 9 Assignment.
- Review the problem you developed in your Week 3 Assignment, the secondary quantitative dataset you identified in the Week 4 Discussion, the quantitative and qualitative questions you compared in the Week 9 Assignment, and Chapter 9 from the text by Soriano.
- Consider how you would complete a community health assessment by using the problem, the quantitative data set, and the research questions you developed in Weeks 3, 4, and 9 and by collecting additional data from the community using a CBPR approach throughout.
Submit a 7-page plan for completing a community health assessment that includes the following sections:
- Purpose: a statement of the Purpose of the Assessment
- Stakeholders: an explanation of how you would identify stakeholders in the community and a description of how you would establish rapport with them as well as share power with them
- Data Collection: an account of the data collection methods you would use (qualitative and/or quantitative) to fully explore the identified health-related problem(s) and the strategies that community members would recommend to address these problems—include the role of community members in the data collection process
- Data Analysis: an account of your proposed process for the management and analysis of data and the presentation of results to the community, including the role of community members in this process
- Social Change: the potential social change policy implications of your project