A Case Study Involving Influenza and the Influenza Vaccine
This case study presents a discussion about the benefits of the influenza vaccine between Mary, a nursing student, and her coworker, Karen. Karen is not convinced by Mary’s arguments in favor of vaccination, and she counters with several common rationalizations for not getting the vaccine.
Submit a case study with the following:
- opening paragraph—introduction to the situation
- background organizational information—history, mission, values, competition, financial information, and additional information of significant value
- area of interest—strategic planning, leadership, marketing, finance, health care operations, human resources
- definition of the challenge/concern—specific problem or decision(s) to be made; this is your problem statement
- alternative situations/solutions—list of options for meeting the challenge or concern
- conclusion—summary of the situation, any constraints or limitations, and the urgency of the situation, with the best alternative presented and defended
- Most but not all case studies will follow this format. The purpose here is for you to thoroughly understand the situation and the decisions/discussions that need to be made. Take your time and stay focused on your objectives. Should be a minimum of 7 pages.