Using the South University Online Library or the Internet, research on the causes of coronary artery disease.
On the basis of your research, respond to the following:
- State the chemical composition of the sterol that is present in high levels in most people who belong to the high-risk group.
- Distinguish between the ‘good’ and ‘bad’ forms of this sterol.
- List four different foods that are sources of the bad form.
- Explain the function of the good form of this sterol in the body.
Discussion Question 2
The managing director of a well-known company on Wall Street thrives on a diet of fruit jam, bread, pasta, and coffee. She exercises intermittently. One day she decides to go to her primary healthcare provider for a routine checkup. The healthcare provider recommends that she take the Benedict’s test. Assume that the glucose levels of the patient are high.
Based on your understanding about this scenario, respond to the following:
- State the results that the test would indicate (specify the color of the solution).
- State the composition and the properties of the ketohexose derived from fruit jam.
- Describe the manner in which ketohexose acts as a reducing sugar in the test.