Is to cover all the necessary basic foundation material needed for practitioners at entry level to industry and to cover the basic theory and practice in sufficient depth to promote basic understanding while also ensuring wider coverage of topics deemed essential to students and trainee practitioners. It seeks to place the topic in context by introducing the economic, political, social and administrative dimensions of the subject, an understanding of the practices associated with planning process and highway planning strategies related issues of environment and sustainability.
The road network of any city is its lifeline and the evaluation of their performance is very necessary for future traffic planning, design, operation and maintenance. Understanding the framework for transport planning facilitate the studies on transport data studies.
EVERY STUDENT IS REQUIRED TO DISCUSS METHODS OF TRANSPORT PLANNING PROCESS AND HIGHWAY PLANNING STRATEGIES INSULTANATE OF OMAN. THE REPORT MUST INCLUDE AND DISCUSS BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING
· The importance of transportation in the national life with the statistics that demonstrate the importance of transportation including the transportation history. HIGHWAY AND TRANSPORT ENGINEERING -CIVL0011 – A&B-SPRING-16 –CW1 2
· The major detrimental effects that are directly related to the construction and use of our highway transportation system.
· Characteristics of urban transport in Sultanate of Oman (Modes of transportation)
. · Transportation Planning Organization (Administration, The transport planning framework, Missions of transport institutions, Relationships among transport institutions )
· Transport development in Sultanate of Oman (the transportation system, the increase in number transportation user, the classification of highway system).
· The methods of transport planning process and highway planning strategies
· The forms of environmental impact analysis documentation.
· The basic issues that should be considered prior to selection of an evaluation procedure and the basic criteria used for evaluating transportation alternatives their units.
· Start with the title page (including your name) or student number as requested.
· It is preferable to place figures within the text rather than group them at the end of the report
. · Give a sequential number to all figures (Fig. 1, Fig. 2, Fig. 3, etc.)
· Add a brief, informative caption to the figures.
Report Sections The Report should contain the following sections:
· Abstract (Executive summary)
· Table of contents
· Report body
The previous sections (abstract, table of contents, introduction) are preliminary sections. body section is organized as follows: Headings should be informative and descriptive providing a clue to the contents of the section.
· Describe the context of the case. Present the central issue you will be analyzing, what decisions have already been made, what communication processes are occurring in the situation. Focus on the facts.
· Explain your methodology. Identify problems that are demonstrated in the case.
· Present summaries of your findings and indicate how you decide, and what is acceptable/not acceptable as a solution with justification.
· Present an action plan for the recommendations. Recommendations in a case study report should be fairly detailed.
Conclusions (maximum 1 page) Every report should include a concluding statement/s on the subject of the report. Restate the aim of the report and state how you have achieved it. Present the main findings and key recommendations in a summarized. You should also restate the limitations of the report.
References This is a list of all the sources of information you have referred to in the report (follow Harvard references format); minimum 10 references. All references listed at the references list should be provided in the text properly.