The pamphlet should be designed to educate a new diabetic who has been prescribed “your assigned insulin”. The pamphlet should be designed not for medical personal, but for a client. Try and limit medical jargon.
The pamphlet needs to include:
- An overview of the drug
- Generic name/trade name/ and general effects on the person
- Need to address onset, peak, and duration
- Sign and symptoms of hyperglycemia and hypoglycemia
- Choose how to administer an insulin pen or drawing insulin from a vial – this instructions have to be detailed and specific
- Answer the follow questions about the effects of nutrition and the diabetic client.
- Management – what are the dietary expectations/restrictions the client needs to follow – provide examples?
- What are the effects of nutrition for the diabetic patient how will managing your diet effect blood glucose?
- Answer the follow questions about the effects of exercise and the diabetic client.
- Management – what are the activity/exercise expectations/restrictions the client needs to follow – provide examples?
- What are the effects of exercise for the diabetic patient how will exercise effect blood glucose?
Include the following:
- Bold and eye catching title and headings
- At least one graphic illustration
- Need at least 3 Scholarly References – Scholarly sources have to be 5 years old or less
- Cite within the pamphlet
- Cite Reference in APA
There is a template available for the medication pamphlet. Template can be found as an attachment at the top of this page.
Here is a link of ‘How to create a pamphlet in Word” – this provided detailed instructions on how to develop and create your own pamphlet.