Short Answer Questions,Fitness / Exercise Therapy
1. What are the steps in designing a comprehensive therapeutic exercise program?
2. Explain what a congenital disability is.
3. Describe those conditions that are best served by a pre-habilitation exercise program and those conditions that are best served by a post-rehabilitation program.
4. Which conditions are best served by proper breathing exercises?
5. List some of the signs of hypoglycemia.
6. List some of the physiological, psychological and social benefits derived from a therapeutic exercise program.
7. Explain what ADL’s are.
8. List some of the cardio-respiratory conditions that you might interact with as a Specialist in Exercise Therapy.
9. Identify some of characteristics of a diabetic coma.
10. Describe what is an acquired disability is.
11. Evaluate which learning style best describes your personal learning approach.
12. List what things a Specialist in Exercise Therapy should do if a client is having a seizure.13.
13. Describe the differences between diaphragm breathing and inter-costal (chest) breathing.
14. Name the muscles that make the up rotator cuff.
15. List some of the health conditions that result from being over-fat.
17. 22. Describe what causes ‘spasticity’ in CVA/ABI clients.
18. Explain why clients with arthritis prefer a warm exercise climate whereas a client with MS would prefer a cooler exercise climate.
19. Describe the differences between ‘gross motor skills’ and ‘fine motor skills’ and then explain when it is appropriate to participate in either.
20. List some of the minor types of arthritis.
21. What does HIV stand for?
22. Explain when it is not appropriate for someone who is HIV positive to exercise.
23. List those chronic conditions that are best served in an aquatic experience.
24. What PNF exercises would you include in an exercise program and how would you properly perform them?
25. Describe the specific advantages and benefits of including PNF exercises in a rehabilitation/exercise program.
26. Explain which level of intensity is best for HIV clients and why.
27. List those conditions which an aquatic experience would be contraindicated.
28. What does AIDS stand for?
29. Design a balance progression program using static and dynamic exercises.
Explain the differences between muscular strength and muscular endurance and when it is best to engage in either