A mother brings her daughter into the emergency room during an asthma attack. Though both of her parents work, they cannot afford medical insurance for themselves or her. They also earn too much money to qualify for state or federal aid. She is treated with medication for her asthma attack at the hospital and she and her mother leave. Two weeks later, they return to the hospital in a virtually identical scenario.
In a 4-5 page paper, consider the following questions and explain your position of the issues:
- Do you think that this girl is receiving adequate care?
- Should she be able to see a primary-care physician before her condition gets so acute that she must visit the ER?
- Should everyone be entitled to a basic minimum of health care or to the exact same health care?
- Do you think that health care is a right? If so, is everyone forced to honor this right?
- Is this right relative or universal?
- Does this right exist because of the wealth of the United States, or is it applicable everywhere?
- Is health care a luxury?
- Does having money entitle a person to better health care?
- TITLE PAGE. Remember the Running head: AND TITLE IN ALL CAPITALS.
- ABSTRACT. A summary of your paper, not an introduction. Begin writing in third person voice.
- BODY. The body of your paper begins on the page following the title page and abstract page and must be double-spaced (be careful not to triple- or quadruple-space between paragraphs). The typeface should be 12-pt. Times Roman or 12-pt. Courier in regular black type. Do not use color, bold type, or italics except as required for APA level headings and references. The deliverable length of the body of your paper for this assignment is 3-4 pages. In-body academic citations to support your decisions and analysis are required. A variety of academic sources is encouraged.
- REFERENCE PAGE. References that align with your in-body academic sources are listed on the final page of your paper. The references must be in APA format using appropriate spacing, hang indention, italics, and upper and lower case usage as appropriate for the type of resource used. Remember, the Reference Page is not a bibliography but a further listing of the abbreviated in-body citations used in the paper. Every referenced item must have a corresponding in-body citation.