https://meganursingtutors.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/Meganursingtutors-300x59.png 0 0 Joseph https://meganursingtutors.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/Meganursingtutors-300x59.png Joseph2021-04-16 23:54:162021-02-25 04:12:53respond to the question
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
respond to the question
Acid-Base Reactions, Oxidation-Reduction Reactions, and Water
Directions: Respond to the questions below.
- Balance the following equations:
- HBr(aq) + Ca(OH)2(aq) —>
- HNO3(aq) + Al(OH)3(aq) —>
- How many moles of KOH are dissolved in 125 mL of 0.500 M KOH?
- The pH of tap water can vary widely. The pH of one sample collected in Springfield, Ohio was found to be 8.2.
- Is this sample of tap water acidic or basic?
- What is the concentration of hydronium in the sample?
- What is the concentration of OH– in the sample?
- The bedrock in Springfield, Ohio is composed mainly of limestone (CaCO3). How might this account for the pH value that was observed?
- How many milliliters of 0.50 M HBr are needed to neutralize 0.045 moles of LiOH?
- One of the chemical reactions that takes place when bleach and ammonia are combined is shown here: NaOCl + NH3 —> NaONH3 + Cl2
- Which reactant undergoes oxidation?
- Which reactant undergoes reduction?
- Which reactant acts as the oxidizing agent?
- Is this chemical equation balanced? If not, balance it.
- Describe how combustion and oxidation differ.
- Oxygen in the air reacting with substances in food can cause spoilage. Why are antioxidants added to food?
- Both surface water and groundwater (natural waters) often contain dissolved ions. Name three positive and three negative ions that are often found in natural waters.
- Determine the amount of heat required to convert 14.0 g of ice at 0°C to 14.0 g of liquid water at 50°C.
- What is the difference between “biodegradable” and “nonbiodegradable”? If you had a choice between using a biodegradable and a nonbiodegradable detergent to clean your clothes, which would you choose?