Interdisciplinary Collaboration in the Organization
Case Study: “Creating Change in the Midst of Chaos” (pages 88-90 in your textbook)
Review and analysis of the Case Study 2-1 in your text (pages 88-90): “Creating Change in the Midst of Chaos”
Your case analysis should consist of a brief summary of the situation described in the Case Study: “Creating Change in the Midst of Chaos”
- This should be exceptionally brief (1-2 paragraphs) and you should assume the person reading the Assignment is familiar with the details of the case study.
- You will Identify the leadership competencies necessary to address the situation described in the case study.
- The case questions are designed to guide the direction of your analysis of the case.
- Your analysis should address and ultimately answer the questions below. To complete this Assignment, you will answer the following two questions:
- What are three of the most important leadership competencies needed by the CNO for integrating interdisciplinary/multidisciplinary collaboration at Shady Point Hospital? Explain your rationale for selecting these competencies.
- What strategies would you use to prepare the nursing team for Magnet application?
Your finished Assignment should be a 2-3 page case study analysis, excluding the title page and references and cite a minimum of three scholarly references. The viewpoint and purpose of this Assignment should be clearly established and sustained.
Before finalizing your work, you should:
- be sure to read the Assignment description carefully (as displayed above)
- make sure to include a minimum of three scholarly references
- consult the Grading Rubric (under the Course Home) to make sure you have included everything necessary;
- use spelling and grammar check to minimize errors; and
- review APA formatting and citation information found in the Writing Center, online, or elsewhere in the course.
Your Assignment should:
- follow the conventions of Standard American English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.);
- be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original andinsightful;
- display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics; and
- use APA 6th edition format for organization, style, and crediting sources including:
- properly formatted header
- 12-point, double-spaced, Times New Roman font
- use of in-text citations
- title page and reference page
- use of headings (if applicable)
Case Analysis Grading
- 60% (15 points): Analysis and critical thinking 30% (10 points): Content, focus and organization
- 10% (5 points): Writing style, grammar, APA format
Case Analysis Tips
Avoid common errors in case analyses, such as:
- Focusing too heavily on minor issues.
- Lamenting because of insufficient data in the case and ignoring creative alternatives.
- Rehashing of case data — you should assume the reader knows the case.
- Not appropriately evaluating the quality of the case’s data.
To view the Grading Rubric for this Assignment, please visit the Grading Rubrics section of the Course Resources.
Due: submit to the unit Dropbox before midnight, on the last day of the unit (Day 7).
How to Submit
Submit your Assignment to the unit Dropbox before midnight on the last day of the unit.
When you are ready to submit your Assignment, select the unit dropbox then attach your file. Make sure to save a copy of the Assignment you submit.