- What three particles make up every atom?
- What are the major differences among the three particles that make up every atom?
- What is the relationship between a photon and a quantum leap?
- Using the periodic table, determine the result of the following calculation: the number of electrons in the outer shell of a hydrogen atom minus the number of electrons in the outer shell of a helium atom plus the number of electrons in the outer shell of a hydrogen atom.
- When is an electron a valence electron? Why are valence electrons especially important in chemical reactions?
- Are the following substances acid, base, or neutral:
- sodium bicarbonate (pH = 8.3):
- Blood (pH = 7.4):
- milk (pH =6.7):
- orange juice (pH = 3.6):
- milk of magnesia (pH = 10.5):
- When your body metabolizes the food you eat, are the chemical reactions endothermic or exothermic?
- When a chemical reaction takes place, it is noted that the temperature in the environment of the reaction drops. Is the chemical reaction endothermic or exothermic?
- Why does ice float when placed in water?
What roles do hydrogen bonding plan in this phenomena?
- What information does the octane rating of a fuel provide?
When is a fuel with a high octane rating necessary?