Health Information Systems Management, health and medicine homework help
Assignment 2: System Implementation
In this course, you will progressively work on a system implementation process in six stages:
- Week 1: System planning
- Week 2: System analysis
- Week 3: System selection
- Week 4: System implementation
- Week 5: User training and system maintenance
You can use Internet resources, peer-reviewed journals, and reputable, published articles, and you may interview an executive of a healthcare facility that has implemented an electronic medical record system/electronic health record system or similar system to describe the six implementation steps.
This week you will work on the system implementation phase of the final project, which requires completion of the following steps:
- Site preparation: What are the physical locations where workstations, printers, servers, and other hardware will be installed?
- User preparation: How will you provide users enough information about the system being installed to gain their confidence?
- Installing hardware and software: How will you place and connect the hardware? How will you go about installing, configuring, customizing, and testing specific software?
Complete the assignment in a 3–5-page Word document