Copy and Paste Assignment into Microsoft Word and Submit
- Trace the path of a drop of blood from the time it enters the vena cava until it reaches your little finger. Be sure to include the types of blood vessels involved.
- List the different types of CVD. Compare and contrast their symptoms, risk factors, prevention, and treatment.
- What are the major indicators that CVD poses a particularly significant risk to people of your age? To the elderly? To people from selected minority groups?
- Discuss the role that exercise, stress management, dietary changes, medical checkups, sodium reduction, and other factors can play in reducing risk for CVD. What role may chronic infections play in CVD risk?
- Discuss why age is such an important factor in women’s risk for CVD. What can be done to decrease women’s risk in later life?
- Describe some of the diagnostic and treatment alternatives for CVD. If you had a heart attack today, which treatment would you prefer? Explain why.