Before beginning this Lab, read “Lab 1: Introduction to Science” in your Environmental Science Student Manual. This lab includes a video containing several questions and critical thinking activities that focus on the scientific method, lab reporting, and data collection and management. As you view the video, you will be prompted to stop and answer the Exercise 1 questions on the . Make sure to complete all of the following items before submission:
- Read through the introductory material.
View the Lab 1 videos and answer Exercise 1 Questions 1 through 10 in complete sentences on the.
- Video 1 (Links to an external site.)
- Video 2 (Links to an external site.)
- Video 3 (Links to an external site.)
- Video 4 (Links to an external site.)
- Make an observation – Write down any observations you have made regarding the effect of pollution on the environment.
- Do background research – Utilizing the scholarly source (provided here), describe how pollution might affect yeast.
- Construct a hypothesis – Based on your research from question 2, develop an if-then hypothesis relating to the effect of pollution on yeast respiration
- Test with an experiment – Identify the dependent variable, independent variable, and the controlled variables for the experiment.
- Analyze results – Record your observations of the three test tubes before incubation and compare them to the observations provided in the video.
Test Tube Initial Appearance Yeast with No Pollutant Yeast with Salt Water Yeast with Detergent
Analyze results – Record your observations of the three test tubes after incubation.
Will post remaining questions and info needed in message to tutor!!!!