To be successful, follow the below steps:
- Go to www.census.gov. In the Search box in the upper right corner, type in your city and state. Click on the QuickFacts link.
- Scroll down to Race and Ethic origin. Choose and ethnicity that is not your own.
- Perform a literature search on the health practices/disparities/influences of that group. Report on the following:
- The ethnic group’s perception of communication.
- The ethic group’s perception of space.
- The ethnic group’s perception of social organization.
- The ethnic group’s perception of time.
- The ethnic group’s perception of environmental control.
- Finally, any biological variations of that ethnic group (for example, sickle cell anemia in African Americans or people of Mediterranean descent)
- Explain how awareness of these perceptions can influence the care you provide for a person of this ethnicity.
Your initial post must be posted before you can view and respond to colleagues, must contain minimum of two (2) references, in addition to examples from your personal experiences to augment the topic. The goal is to make your post interesting and engaging so others will want to read/respond to it. Synthesize and summarize from your resources in order to avoid the use of direct quotes, which can often be dry and boring. No dire
- Initial Post: Minimum of two (2) total references: one (1) from required course materials and one (1) from peer-reviewed references.
- Initial Post: Minimum 200 words excluding references (approximately one (1) page)