Based off of my F_Research_2.doc,, write an argumentative research essay addressing the there is a correction. As the final project in this class, you will be completing a community development research essay. This project will be building off of the assignments you have written thus far in the semester, and will be working to connect your writing with a community outside of our class walls. Your final community development research essay will be 10 pages long (MIN & MAX) and will integrate data, either direct quotes or paraphrased data, from at the very least 10 sources (6 peer-reviewed journal articles, 2 scholarly books, and 2 other sources). The paper will be composed of the following elements:
. AN INTRO SECTION [1-1.5 PAGES]
* A background section (briefly outline what scholars are saying regarding the specific issue/problem you have identified in your community
* A thesis statement à a 1-2 sentence statement clearly and carefully outlining the WHAT of your essay:
1. A specific community problem OR issue and
2. A specific solution plan to address your problem or issue
. A CONTEXT PARAGRAPH [1-2 PAGES]
* Describe your community briefly (your own experiences within it and how it is defined locally/nationally). Use the definitions of community members AND scholars here to support your claims
. A “PROBLEM” SECTION [3-4 PAGES]
Carefully introduce and define a specific problem or issue in the community that needs improving…this will directly build off the info presented in Paper #1 (the exploratory essay) and the annotated bibliography. Your problem paragraphs need to follow the format outlined belowJ
* Topic Sentence à transition from previous paragraph + introduce the specific CLAIM covered in the paragraph
* Evidence(introduce data carefully, present a direct quote or paraphrase/summary of source data, cite)à see sandwich citation handout [EVERY PARAGRAPH SHOULD CONTAIN AT LEAST 1 DIRECT QUOTE]
* Analyze the data (explain it in your own words + connect the data back to your topic sentence claim)
* Summary/End à wrap up the paragraph’s main point
*AT LEAST ONE PARAGRAPH IN THIS SECTION NEEDS TO ADDRESS AND REFUTE COUNTER-ARGUMENT
. A SPECIFIC 3-STEP COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT PLAN (SET OF SOLUTIONS) [3-4 PAGES]
Using scholarship in combination with perspectives gleaned from 1-2 primary text sources this section will need to address how to solve your problem or build upon the positive aspects of a specific issue using a three-step approach that listens to and upholds the values and/or needs of actual community members.
~ For example: Perhaps one of the community members expresses in a written interview that one specific need in the community = more educational opportunities to learn about a specific topic. You would then talk about how your plans work to directly address this need (work toward establishing specific educational opportunities for community members).
* These paragraphs will still need to follow the TEASE format listed aboveJ
. A CONCLUSION SECTION [1 PAGE]
* Restate your thesis
* Summarize the main points of your paper (the central problem and solution plan steps]
* End memorably (preferably return back to your hook)
. A works cited page in APA format.